COST Summer School "Black Holes At All Scales", 16-18 September 2013, Ioannina, Greece
Summer School "Black Holes At All Scales"
COST action "Black Holes in a Violent Universe" (MP-0905), Ioannina, Greece, September 16 - 18, 2013
The Summer School "Black Holes at all scales" aims at postgraduate students and young postdoctoral fellows. The program includes reviews on various aspects of Black Hole-related science, such as: demographics and formation theories of galactic black hole binaries in our and nearby galaxies, our "own" supermassive black hole in the Galactic center, formation and cosmic evolution of supermassive black holes, phenomenology of active galactic nuclei and a review of their "unification" theories, theory of jet formation and energy extraction in black hole powered systems, as well as the scaling of accretion and jet physics from mini-quasars to quasars.
Registration Deadline: August 18, 2013
Registration Fee: 40 Euros
- Black holes in galactic binaries : Andreas Zezas (University of Crete)
- Sag A*- the galactic center black hole: Andreas Eckart (University of Cologne)
- An introduction to Active Galactic Nuclei: Paolo Padovani (European Southern Observatory)
- Formation and cosmic evolution of supermassive black holes: Debora Sijacki (University of Cambridge)
- Energy extraction from black holes and the jet formation: Nektarios Vlahakis (University of Athens)
- From quasars to micro-quasars: the physics scaling with the black hole mass: Sera Markoff (University of Amsterdam)
The Organizing Committee
E.Angelakis (chair, Max-Planck-Institut für Radioastronomie), I. Papadakis (University of Crete) and S. Britzen (Max-Planck-Institut für Radioastronomie).
Local Contact: N. Petropoulos