Nuclear Physics in Astrophysics VI, 19-24 May 2013, Lisbon, Portugal
Nuclear Physics in Astrophysics VI, 19-24 May, Lisbon, Portugal
The Local Organizing Committee would like to announce the Sixth International Conference on Nuclear Physics in Astrophysics (NPA-VI). This will correspond to the 26th Nuclear Physics Divisional Conference of the European Physics Society. The conference will be held at the Sana Malhoa Hotel in Lisbon (Portugal) on May 19th- 24th, 2013.
The series of conferences uclear Physics in Astrophysics started in 2002 at ATOMKI, Hungary. Ever since, this conference series has succeeded in bringing Nuclear Physicists and Astrophysicists together to review and discuss the status and prospects of the Nuclear Astrophysics field. The 6th edition of the Nuclear Physics in Astrophysics Conference will continue with this spirit.
The NPA-VI bridges various National Institutions and Societies to the Nuclear Physics and Astrophysics. The conference is hosted by the Nuclear Physics Centre, the Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (Astronomical Observatory of Lisbon), and the Laboratory for Systems, Instrumentation and Modeling in Science and Technology for Space and the Environment (SIM) from the University of Lisbon, the Faculty of Science and Technology (Universidade Nova de Lisboa), and the University of Coimbra; supported by the Portuguese Physics Society and the Portuguese Society of Astronomy under the umbrella of the European Physics Society.
Conference Webpage: http://npa6.cii.fc.ul.pt/
10th Dec. 2012: First Circular, Opening Registration, Abstract Submission and Request of Support
15th Feb. 2013: Abstract Submission and Request of Support Deadline
15th Mar. 2013: Abstract and Support Notifications
31st Mar. 2013: Early Bird Registration Deadline
19th May 2013: Conference Begins
Scientific Program: The following series of topics will be covered during the conference:
• Big Bang Nucleosynthesis
• Stellar Nucleosynthesis and Evolution
• Experimental Facilities for Nuclear Astrophysics (Underground Laboratories) • Experimental Facilities for Nuclear Astrophysics (Recoil Mass Separators)
• The s-process
• Explosive Nucleosynthesis I (r- and vp-process)
• Explosive Nucleosynthesis II (p- and rp-process)
• Astrophysics of Compact Stars and Supernovae
• Neutron Stars and EoS
• Isotope Detection Technologies for Nuclear Astrophysics
• Solar Standard Model
• Nuclear Physics of Exotic Nuclei: Experiments with RIB
Venue: The conference will be held at the 4* Sana Malhoa Hotel. The hotel (Av. Jose Malhoa, 1099 - 089 Lisboa) is located in the business district of Lisbon and the city center can easily be reached using the bus or Metro. Close to the venue are various other hotels, bars and restaurants, and shopping centers.
The Sana Hotel offers double occupancy rooms at 80 € and 90 € for single and double occupancy, respectively. All prices include breakfast.
Contributing Papers: Participants are encouraged to submit an Abstract of relevant work. The contributions will be reviewed and assigned as oral or poster contributions. In addition to the Poster Session on Tuesday May 21st, one-minute oral contributions will be assigned to highly relevant works. These presentations will be assigned to the session which the work belongs to, aiming at increasing the visibility of all work presented during the conference.
Registration: The registration fee will be 380 € until February 15th, 2013 (Early bird Registration) for EPS individual member. After that date, registration fee will be 480 €. For non- members the Early bird registration fee will be 410 € and the late fee 510 €. The fee for students will be 300 € and 400 €, respectively for Early Bird and Late registration.
The registration fee covers conference material, welcome drink, reception, poster session reception, conference excursion, conference dinner, coffee breaks and all lunches from Monday through Friday.
Information on the accompanying persons program will be distributed soon. Please request details if children are travelling with you.
Registration should be performed through the following link:
Payment will be possible via check, wire transfer and Visa/Mastercard credit cards.
Conference Proceedings: Proceedings will be published after the conference in the Journal of Physics Conference Series. Details on the proceedings submission will be provided at the conference website.
Financial Support: The Local Organizing Committee is seeking financial support from various institutions to be able to support students and young scientists. Expressions of support should be sent to email@example.com, including the following information:
• Application letter including the following details: Name, institution, occupation, and reason for application.
• Students should include a CV.
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD
• Martin Asplund (Garching, Germany)
• Marcello Baldo (Catania, Italy)
• Zsolt Fülöp (Debrecen, Hungary)
• Daniel Galaviz (Lisbon, Portugal)
• Roberto Gallino (Torino, Italy)
• Pawel Haensel (Torun, Poland)
• Michael Heil (Darmstadt, Germany)
• Karlheinz Langanke (Darmstadt, Germany)
• Ilidio Lopes (Lisbon, Portugal)
• Christopher Pethick (Nordita, Denmark)
• Claus Rolfs (Bochum, Germany)
• Friedrich Thielemann (Basel, Switzerland)
• Jim Truran (Chicago, USA)
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
• Nicolas Chamel (Brussels, Belgium)
• Pierre Decouvemont (Brussels, Belgium)
• Inma Dominguez Aguilera (Granada, Spain)
• Lucio Gialanella (Naples, Italy)
• Alessandra Guglielmetti (Milan, Italy)
• Adelaide P. de Jesus (Lisbon, Portugal)
• Jordi José (Barcelona, Spain)
• Franz Kaeppeler (Karlsruhe, Germany)
• Gabriel Martínez Pinedo (Darmstadt, Germany)
• Endre Somorjai (Debrecen, Hungary)
• Anton Wallner(Canberra, Australia)
• Michael Wiescher (South Bend, USA)
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
• Rui Agostinho (Lisbon)
• João Cruz (Lisbon)
• Daniel Galaviz (Lisbon, Chair)
• Adelaide P . Jesus (Lisbon)
• André Moitinho (Lisbon)
• Constança Providência (Coimbra)
• Isaac Vidaña (Coimbra)
Financial Support: In the case of questions please contact the LOC via the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.