Post-doctoral positions in the field of extra-solar planets in CAUP (CAUP2014-1Uni-BPD)
Post-doctoral positions in the field of extra-solar planets in CAUP
Project: EXtra-solar planets and stellar astrophysics: towards the detections of Others Earths
The Centro de Astrofisica da Universidade do Porto (CAUP) opens a call for up to 2 pos-docs fellowship positions. The positions are offered in the context of the Starting Grant "EXtra-solar planets and stellar astrophysics: towards the detection of Other Earths (EXOEarths)" funded by the European Community/European Research Council under the FP7 Ideas programme.
The positions will have a duration of 6 months, possibly renewed until the end of the FP7-ERC project, and are to be started from the 1st of April 2014.
The fellowships have a yearly income of 17 940 euros, tax free. Funds for traveling (conferences, collaborations, observing missions) are also available.
The successful candidates are expected to pursue research in the extra-solar planet field, and in particular on topics such as:
- The study of the star-planet connection (including stellar parameters, abundances, and stellar sources of noise)
- The development of near-infrared high resolution spectroscopy in the exoplanet context (including the derivation of precise radial velocities or the characterization of exoplanet atmospheres)
The successful applicants will be integrated in the team on "Origin and Evolution of Stars and Planets" at CAUP.
The application, to be submitted by email, should include the following:
- Cover letter/e-mail with a brief description of the candidate’s experience and motivation;
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 4 pages - with the indication of the average number of citations per paper and the h-index as provided by ADS);
- Complete list of publications;
- Name and contact details (position, email, address) of up to three referees, available to provide information about the candidate (to be contacted if considered necessary).
A short-list of candidates will be defined in the first stage of the evaluation based on the application submitted by email. The short-listed applicants will likely be required to attend an interview at CAUP for the second stage of the evaluation. If necessary the interview will be done by teleconference. Following the second stage the contracts will be offered according to the ordering proposed by the selection committee.
For inquires and submission of applications please contact Dr. Nuno C. Santos. The deadline for application is the 19th of December 2013.
The positions will be granted only if suitable candidates are found.
For more information - http://www.astro.up.pt/caup/index.php?WID=141&Lang=uk&CID=1&ID=102